Upward Bound is an academic support services program sponsored by Roosevelt University and funded through the U.S. Department of Education. Upward Bound is designed to identify and select qualified high school students who, with support, will enter and graduate from a four-year college/university.
Upward Bound provides opportunities for the academic development of high school students. The program helps to motivate students towards the successful completion of their high school diploma and facilitates the process of transition into an institution of higher education.
WHAT SERVICES ARE AVAILABLE
- One-on-one academic and personal counseling
- Academic skills assessment
- Personal and professional development programs
- Study skills workshops
- Time and stress management workshops
- Standardized test preparation
- Cultural and educational enrichment activities
- Computer lab
- Assistance completing financial aid forms and college/scholarship applications for post-secondary education.
DO I QUALIFY FOR THIS PROGRAM?
The U.S. Department of Education has set criteria to be apart of Upward Bound
Students must be:
- At a low family income level
- Potential first-generation college student.
- U.S. Citizen, national or permanent resident.
- Enrolled at one of our target schools (Lincoln Park High School, Curie High School, and John F. Kennedy High School).