The RU Talent Search Program enhances, promotes, and teaches the skills needed to succeed in school while at the same time assisting students in reaching academic goals and achievements. In addition to helping them choose educational programs that will prepare them to meet their career goals, the TS program is able to provide individualized attention in addition to that which is given in the students’ respective schools.
- One-on-one academic and personal counseling
- College tours
- Standardized Test Preparation
- Assistance completing financial aid forms, college applications, and scholarship forms
Self-esteem and values workshops
- Career Development
- Cultural and educational enrichment activities
- Curie Metro High School
- Kennedy High School
- Westcott Elementary School
The U.S. Department of Education has a set criteria for the Talent Search program.
Students must be:
- Between the ages of 11 and 27
- At a low family income level
- First generation college student
- U.S. citizen or permanent resident
- Enrolled in one of our target schools/ Reside in a target area
Participants are selected without regard to race, color, national or ethnic origin, sex, or physical handicap.
Reaching Educational, Academic, and Career Heights!